Bye Bye June!

The last few days of June on the peninsula were like experiencing winter to summer with no spring as transition. It went from thunder showers and constant downpours to extremely hot and beautiful. I ushered June out by enjoying the lovely weather at Fort Worden's beach.
Writing in the sand~ Happy summer with love from Compass Lane Chic!
Fort Worden has the most comfortable, sandy beach that I have ever been to in Washington. We spent hours playing in the sand, laying out, and dipping our toes in the water. Normally I would stay away from our frigid waters, but in the 90 degree weather the temperature difference was such a relief!
Alex was much more adventurous and went further into the water than I would!
It was nice to get away from town with my family on a day off. Rarely ever can you enjoy a warm day on the beach where we live! (not to mention rarely ever do I not have other plans) But all good things must come to an end... The great weather hasn't yet (and don't jinx it!) We left for home later that evening and I found myself very sunburned. And yes, I did wear sunscreen! So here I am ringing in July with bright red skin. Perfect for the fourth, right?
Here's what I wore: Dress- Vintage {thrifted}~ Necklace- {ebay}~ Shoes- Toms {consignment store find}~ Sunnies- {Plato's Closet}- Bracelet- Juicy Couture {gifted}~ Earrings-Claire's {sales rack}~ Anklet- {handmade by local artist}

Labels: , , , ,