{August} Ipsy: First Impressions

Unveiling....
August Ipsy Glam Bag!


Here's what they included for me this month>>


Alright, first impressions...
I'm not in love with the bag. It's very preppy with a school crest feel, it says, "Ipsy Glamour Academy." Cute and clever idea, do I want to use it? No. Just not my style.
Overall I was just kind of let down by the size of the products. It looks so minimal this month!
The Michael Todd facial scrub- I would much rather prefer cosmetics in my Glam Bag, but this scrub could end up being a nice alternative to my St Ives apricot. At least I get to branch away from my safety net and try a new-to-me brand.
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick- I got a vibrant pink in the shade Anarchy. I am happy with the color and I have been looking forward to trying this all new product from one of my favorite brands, but it's so small! The petite size does make it quite adorable though, so it's difficult to be upset over this product.
Pixi Lash Booster Mascara- Again, the size! I have yet to try anything from the Pixi brand, so I am interested in where this product ranks compared to other mascaras that I have tried. I am not usually interested in new mascaras, simply because most on the market are very similar and I have already found a favorite.
Cello eyebrow pencil- I thin this was the only product I was actually excited about! I have been arguing with myself over whether or not to invest in the Anastasia Brow Whiz {which seems to be every beauty guru's holy grail eyebrow product} But I think I will just play with this instead!
Mica Beauty shimmer powder- First off, what is this? An eye shadow, a body glitter, a bronzer? Maybe all three? I'm not certain, but my interest was not peaked. I will probably pack it on like a loose shadow or lightly dust it for a highlight {?}
Overall I think this month's bag was just average, I'm looking forward to next month!
 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,