Fall Trend with Ruby Slipper Diaries: Day 3 {the Fancy Sweatshirt}

Embellished sweatshirts; they are everywhere and they are fantastic. I was just out shopping {again} and found a few that I was swooning over at Old Navy and Forever 21

Jamie from Ruby Slipper Diaries and I are loving this trend for Fall. Fancy sweatshirts instantly dress up a casual look without all of the extra effort. Jamie wore hers with even more bling {the more the merrier!} She created a classy look by incorporating a statement necklace and a pop of color on her feet with her fancy sweatshirt and adorable mini skirt. Jamie is a fancy sweatshirt master, check out her style here.


My fancy sweatshirt was a DIY project, and it was so simple! I bought a basic Hanes pullover from WalMart and rhinestone studs off of eBay.
All you need to do is push the prongs of the studs into the fabric and fold them over to secure {I used my fingers, you could use a tool.} Viola! You've just made a fancy sweatshirt!


This was my end result: a rhinestone spotted fancy sweatshirt. I layered it with a Hollister button up and an H&M statement necklace {I told you, I like bling} On my wrist are the regulars- my beloved  {thrifted}Tiffany & Co. bangles and MK watch. I was going for a casual vibe and threw on my favorite pair of {thrifted} True Religion Jeans and a low heeled pump from Target {thrifted those too!}


Like how we styled the fancy sweatshirt? Come back tomorrow fro how we wore plaid!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,