Fall Trends with Ruby Slipper Diaries: Day 1 {Fall Florals}

One of my favorite things that I have gained from blogging is the new connections I have made with other lovely fashionistas. It's almost like a sisterhood, everyone cares for one another and is interested in the same topics. {Who wouldn't love that!}

One dear friend stands out among the rest: today I introduce you to Jamie. I met Jamie via Instagram, we were both participating in the Coast to Coast Challenge. I fell in love with her pictures and was inspired by her style. Neither Jamie nor I ever post a picture that the other doesn't "<3"! I promise, you will love her too! Make a visit over to Ruby Slipper Diaries.

This week we are showing you "how we wore" Fall trends. Today we show you how we style florals for the Fall>>
{Props to Jamie for putting this together! She's just too talented!}

I love that Jamie and I live in different climates, this way we can offer you diversity in Fall attire. See details on Jamie's Fall florals here. Why her look works for fall: Her skirt has a longer hemline, and paired with a sweater she is ready for Fall's chill. Beautiful Jamie!

Here's a few details of my outfit>>
You know me, I love anything Vintage! Proudly wearing a fantastic thrift find: this white and tan Dooney & Bourke. {I have to admit, I was watching this for weeks before it went on sale!} On my feet are a pair of raspberry booties {Forever 21} I found these at Plato's Closet. You can make shorts work for Fall! Wear them with tights or leggings and you are instantly season-appropriate. Mine are Old Navy, but again were thrifted. The stunning pave bracelet on my wrist {I'm in love with it} can be found at Target.

My floral top is actually a dress, I just tucked it into my shorts! Clothes are meant to be manipulated, make them do what you want. The sweater is a thrfted Old Navy piece, the bird necklace and dress are both gifts from friends.

Why this works: My floral dress became a fall ensemble through mixing and matching fall textures and colors  to create one warm, cozy look.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,