Fall Trends with Ruby Slipper Diaries: Day 2 {Corduroy}

It's another beautiful day with the lovely Jamie from Ruby Slipper Diaries! Today we answer how to wear corduroy for Fall. Cord is a Fall staple; its warm, it's fuzzy, it's comfortable. What more could you want during a breezy season? The plus, it's easy to wear. Think of it as a texture, like denim or knit. Every outfit should incorporate a texture {or two!} add cord and you have a Fall-ready look. 


How funny, we both paired corduroy pants with a leather jacket! {This is our texture play! A smooth paired with a ribbed} Jamie wore stylish skinny cords and mixed metallics and neutrals. I am loving her look! Find her details here.

{Sorry for the darkness, we've learned that Anthony isn't my best photographer!}

In the Fall you need layers, it gets pretty chilly {At least here in the Seattle area}. For a pop of color I wore one of my favorite shades of purple, over it I tied a light denim chambray top {Anthony bought this for me}. As for the featured piece, my cords, they are Buffalo by David Bitton {find them at Macy's} they were another great thrift addition to my closet. Keeping with the light colors in contrast of my Navy cords I wore my Lauren Conrad faux leather jacket. {Thank you Kohl's clearance!}


I can't get enough Coach! I found this Carly while thrifting at Goodwill. It goes well with my paisley and cork heels {sorry that you can't see them well! I got them dirty when we went out, talk about photo op lost} They are a matching camel color and incorporate the navy, light blue and purple from the rest of my look. 

Here's an image from google>>
Cute right? Their brand is Unlisted, but I found these on clearance at Plato's Closet.

Check back with us for another trend tomorrow!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,