Fall Trends With Ruby Slipper Diaries: Day 5 {Tartan}

All good things must come to an end {at least that's what they always say}. As the week of collaboration between myself and Jamie from Ruby Slipper Diaries comes to a close, we bring you our final Fall trend: Tartan.  

I can't thank Jamie enough for working with me! It's sad to know that our week of hard work is over, but no one ever said we couldn't do it again! She has given my blog diversity, but more importantly she has given me inspiration and friendship. This is why I blog! View her take on our tartan challenge here. {Doesn't she look great?}

Tartan is so versatile, I love it. I wear a lot of red and black {not sure why!} so tartan is a must in my closet. My favorite part about tartan? You can pair it with nearly anything! From stripes to polka dots, and graphics to textures, you can't go wrong.
Contrary to Jamie's rocker look is my school girl ensemble. My mini skirt is my favorite tartan piece from my wardrobe. My oxford, blazer, and bow in my hair pull together the school girl feel I was aiming for.

I love the detail on my oxford, it's a horse and carriage. It was an amazing vintage thrift find. Speaking of detail, how cute are the buttons on my skirt?

Details~
Blazer: {thrifted} Old Navy
Oxford: {thrifted} Vintage Foxcroft
Skirt: {thrifted} Express
Shoes: {eBay} Jeffery Campbell

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,