{January} Ipsy: First Impressions and Review

It's already the middle of the month which means my shiny pink bubble mailer arrived in my mailbox once again...

Before I start I want to mention December's Glam Bag. I was utterly disappointed. For that reason I did not waste a post on it.

January's bag appeared promising!



Of course the bag is what I saw first, and I have to say I was less than impressed. Bored is really what I was.


 This was them gem in the bag, my eyes were drawn to it immediately! I'm pretty sure I heard a chorus of angels begin to sing because my prayers had been answered. The Benefit Pore Fessional has been on my wish list for a very long time. I couldn't get myself to purchase it though with it's significant price tag... now I can try it without commitment!
A full size tube retails for $30. Approximate value $4.


My first thought: medicine. Does this not look like some kind of generic brand balm for medicinal purposes? Poor packaging in my opinion. Plus, I have never heard of this brand: Malin + Goetz. Regardless, I gave the mojito lip balm a shot. Odorless, flavorless, and uncomfortable to apply. There is no applicator so you must use your finger to spread the gel over your lips. I was hoping for a minty sensation since the balm is mojito, but instead found it to be tacky {yet nourishing}
This is a full size product. Retail $12.


I was really interested in this Balanced Guru body balm when I read it's packaging: organic, cruelty free, and recycled. I have dry skin so I was hoping for the best with this product to give me a little moisture in these cold months. It has a very thick and rich consistency and yummy scent. If you've ever smelled lemon thyme {the plant} it smells exactly the same. I associate the citrus-y scent to fruit loops {yum!}
This is a travel size. Retail $12.


How did Ipsy know that my foundation was nearing the end of it's life? They saved me with this one! I swatched this "buff" Yaby natural finish liquid foundation on the back of my hand. It appears to be a pretty good color match for me and doesn't feel oily or too thick. A medium coverage could be achieved with this foundation.
This is a full size product. Retail $13.55.


Another brand I've never used: Absolute! The packaging screams low quality to me so I'm not jumping for joy that I received them. Although, make-up removing wipes are always handy and never turned away from my cosmetics drawer. In the least they should smell like delicious pomegranate!
A 60 count package can be found at Walgreens for $6.99. Approximate value $1.

Overall I was much more satisfied with January Ipsy than December. Total value: $42.55

Sign up for Ipsy Glam Bags for $10 a month

Labels: , , , , , , , ,