Pearls and Patterned Pants

Let me throw a disclaimer out before we begin: no, it was not warm eough outside to be wearing a tank top. I did in fact wear a coat with this look as soon as we left the house!






One of my favorite things about thrifting is finding forgotten vintage treasures. Last summer I found this beautiful pearl embellished collar and I've been anxious to style it since. 

The pieces for this outfit have slowly come together starting next with the vintage clutch from Goodwill, the vintage top from St. Vincent de Paul long after, and these amazing patterned Hudson pants from Ross during my last trip to AZ in December. My shoes in this look have kind of a funny story... I found these Enzo Angiolini heels at Goodwill nearly 3 years ago when I moved to WA. My opinion of them quickly changed after purchase and they have been traveling with me in my "get rid of" pile until now. Maybe I'll keep them after all?

What I love about this look:
The colors! Though they contrast, the burnt orange in the pants and the pea green of this top have the same color tone. They look especially great with the neutral accessories.
The detail. The pattern in the pants, in the pearl clutch, and of the collar are all similar in style and reminiscent of art deco design.

Labels: , , , , , , ,