Beach Babe

Pool parties and beach days are on the horizon and I'm sure you know what that means... Swimsuit shopping season is upon us. This is probably one of the most dreaded shopping experiences that a woman endures on a yearly basis. We go to the mall or to a department store and get overwhelmed by the variety and options just to walk out with an empty bag of disappointment. The truth is: majority of the swim wear that you'll find on the market is a bikini, and though bikinis are stylish, not every woman feels comfortable wearing one.

I'm excited to tell you that a Modcloth stylist approached me asking if I would style one of their pieces using a super fun app/website called Wanelo {stands for want, need, love}- I was assigned this adorable swimsuit:

This is their Beach Blanket Bingo One Piece in Red. Isn't this just adorable? The halter top provides plenty of support, and... your belly isn't being showcased! The gathering in the fabric will even help to camouflage anything you are hoping to hide. P.S. all opinions in this post are my own. You are getting my 100% honest feedback, nothing swept up under the rug here.

This suit comes in other colors as well as in plus sizes. Modcloth has tons of other adorable swimwear in diverse and flattering styles too, browse them here. {I'm loving this, this, and this}

Check out how I styled this suit Sailor Chic:Wanelo collage. I didn't want to hide the suit away under a generic cover up, so I'm showcasing it as a top paired with nautical shorts and accessories for a day at the beach or a day aboard a yacht.

Check out how I styled this suit Retro Casual: Wanelo collage. Again, why hide this polka-dot beauty? Relax in distressed shorts and sneakers alongside a good record in the sun.

Follow me on Wanelo @compasslanechic for more fun style storyboards

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,