{April} Ipsy First Impressions



Beauty Rocks!

This was Ipsy's theme for April's Glam Bag. The design used on the makeup bag was cute and clever, I like the record image.


As for what's inside the bag... {drum roll}


Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil: I'm excited to try this new black pencil, it's supposed to be 
softer and less harsh than the popular Perversion. I know Urban Decay was sending out samples of this product with orders and that brings the value of this sample down, but it is 0.03oz and a full size 0.04oz runs $20. Pretty good value still I would say.


Mary Kay @ Play jelly lip gloss in Teddy Bare: I have nothing good to say about this lip gloss. The packaging looks cheap, I don't prefer the sheer color, and it has the worst texture! Jelly lip gloss feels just like you would think, thick and sticky. Definitely not worth it's retail price of $10


Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion: Lately I've been trying new products for my dry skin- particularly scrubs and oils. I've never used a microdermabrasion exfoliant, nor had a professional microdermabrasion done, but I am excited to try this product! Especially once I research dr. Brandt's line a little more. A full tube of 2oz costs $78, so this values at approximately $9.75!


St. Tropez Gradual Tan Anti-Aging Multi-Action Face: I have never been a fan of gradual self tanners, but I've heard nothing but good reviews on St. Tropez products so I'm more than willing to give this a try. The smell is a bit of a turn-off, but it fades away pretty quickly. Sephora sells a 1.6oz tube for $35, this values at about $11.


Pop! Goes the Shadow in Champagne: Ipsy must have predicted my disappointment in the lip gloss, they sent me two of these single shows to make up for it! I love everything about these shadows: packaging, color, name. You can't go wrong with a champagne shadow! These are $12.99 each.

This month's Ipsy Glam Bag rocked, $71 worth of cosmetics for my $10 subscription makes me more than happy that I subscribe.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,