{January} IPSY Review

 New year, 'fresh start' by IPSY. I opened a shiny pink bubble mailer this month to find a clean, cute, color blocked makeup bag filled with the following:



real Techniques fine liner brush: We all love real Techniques brushes, but I was skeptical about this one upon opening my IPSY bag this month... I've only ever used an angled brush to apply liner, and this brush didn't look 'fine' at all. It almost looked more difficult to apply liner with when considering the length of the bristles. Was I ever wrong! This brush made liner application so easy! Samantha Chapman:1, Rachael:0. This brush retails for only $6, and you can get 15% off on the real Techniques website with IPSY15.


Pacifica natural mineral coconut eye shadow in Ethereal: This guy is formulated without harsh chemicals and other junk that you don't want on your skin, especially the sensitive skin on your eyes, and is cruelty free and 100% vegan! It's a decently sized single eye shadow in compact packaging for easy storage. Single shadows aren't sold on the Pacifica website, but quads will run you about $14 (estimated price per shadow $3.50). Use code NewBeauty at checkout for 20% off!


Manna Kadar Cosmetics sheer glo shimmer lotion: This product appears to be a pretty, light pink shimmer shade that could be mixed in your foundation for an all-over glow, or used as a highlighter on your cheekbones, etc. but, I didn't notice a glow from this product when used either way.It could be the wrong shade for my skin tone, or it could be a useless product. This shimmer lotion is not sold individually on the Manna Kadar Cosmetics website, but you can find it in value sets.


Nourish Organic renewing eye cream: This product has really great ingredients in it! There are mixed reviews regarding the smell and consistency of it {in comparison to other products with the same purpose} but I enjoy using it on my dry skin. A similar product is on the Nourish Organic website for about $20! Get 30% using code LOVEIPSY30.


J.Cat fantabulous gel eye liner in Blue Black: When I first opened my IPSY package I hadn't realized that this liner wasn't black, so it was a surprise to see a pretty navy shade when I opened it up the following morning. Believe it or not I hadn't used a gel liner up until this product! I am extremely pleased with the outcome too; it was very soft and smooth, stayed all day, easy to apply, and a great color! Blue Black is currently the only color available for this product on the J.Cat Beauty website, but it's a steal at only $6! You can get 25% using the code IPSYJCAT.

My $10 this month was well spent! Sign up for the monthy IPSY subscription here and receive your personal Glam Bag!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,