Chic 'Borrowed From the Boys' Look

chic borrowed from the boys look

After fighting it for as long as I could, I have finally jumped on the boyfriend jeans trend. I love a good skinny jean and I felt as though boyfriend jeans completely defeated the chic simplicity of well fitting denim. Guess I was wrong.



trench coat and distressed jeans chic outfit

chic boyfriend jeans with trench coat

I bought these while I was on the hunt to replace my favorite pair of distressed skinnies. They had suffered about 5 years of abuse... it was time to cut the cord. The distressed patches sold me enough to step out of my comfort zone and really give this cut another try.
(my first go at these was after I wrote this DIY on how to distress your own)

how to wear boyfriend jeans

chic neutral outfit

I was having such a hard time styling them since I was so adverse to their shape... To make life easier on myself I just reached for some chic basics: a white tee and a trench.

I love the effortlessly cool vibe this look gives off. I opted for an oversized tee and a watch to make this more "borrowed from the boys." By maintaining a neutral palette with my accessories I created a chic women's street style.

chic trench coat outfit

Coat: Old Navy (similar) // Tee: Old Navy // Jeans: Melville (similar) // Shoes: Vince Camuto // Bag: via TJMaxx // Watch: Michael Kors //

Labels: ,