January Ipsy Review

'All eyes on you' in January with this month's Ipsy Glam Bag

*The Ipsy Glam Bag is a $10 monthly subscription of typically 5 beauty products, selected for you based on a survey*

January 2016 Ipsy Glam Bag

 So what's inside?

One item didn't quite fit this month's theme... I'm talking about you chap stick! This Lasting Smiles lip balm was the first product I broke into, and I have been introduced to a new favorite. It's super creamy and minty (like Burt's Bee's, but better) and organic! You can find it at Target for $3.99

Okay, this tiny Peek tin- I was immediately impartial to the packaging, and you know (if you read my makeup must haves) that I prefer pomades. After researching the product and discovering that it is a natural product with stain power I had a little more hope. In the end I found it a little lack luster. A full size Peek brow powder has 2 shades and runs for $22... I guess we could call this single about $10

I'm a sucker for a good makeup brush, and the bristles on this Beau Gachis smudge brush are so soft! It's found a home in my routine. This guy costs $12

Mr Write Now Jac B Bronze swatch from January Ipsy

I love the Balm products, and this Mr. Write (Now) liner did not disappoint! The name is clever, the formula is smooth, it's long wearing, and the color is beautiful! (this is Jac B. Bronze) There's even a built in sharpener- always a plus. These liners are $17

the balm mr write now jac b bronze and hikari mink shadow swatch

Ipsy included a Hikari cream pigment eyeshadow in the shade mink which right away reminded me of the L'oreal infallible shadows in both packaging and texture. I think the color and texture of this shadow is beautiful, but at $13 a pop I'd rather buy the L'oreal for $8 at the drugstore. (sorry!)

hikari mink shadow and the balm jac b bronze liner swatches

Value breakdown

So what kind of value did I get for ten bucks? This bag definitely paid for itself, I received roughly $45 worth of products! In addition to that I have the opportunity to save more money as well. As an Ipsy subscriber I have access to discounts for all of the participating brands (whether they came in my bag or not! and I'm talkin' 10-50% off!) 

Are you subscribed to the Glam Bag?

Labels: , , ,