Wedding Expo Tips for Brides

what you need to know when attending a wedding expo and survival tips

When it comes to wedding expos and shows, there is a lot to be benefited. But, these events can be overwhelming and disadvantageous if you arrive under prepared. 


What You Should Expect at a Wedding Expo

Wedding Expo's are typically held in large conference centers and buildings of like size, they host booths that are rented to vendors that deliver products or services related to weddings. You can anticipate a variety of photographers, caterers, venues, bakeries, DJs, bridal stores, honeymoon locations, event rentals, boutiques, and more at these types of events. 

I'm not going to lie, there's going to be a lot to look at and a lot of people to talk to. In the end you'll walk away with even more flyers, business cards, and other marketing materials.

You're bound to encounter several pushy sales people too...they're going to want your contact information, and everyone is going to ask if you are a bride-to-be.

Wedding Expos do come with perks though- some vendors will host drawings for giveaways, and there are always freebies and samples!

Plan to spend a few hours at an event like this!


My bridal show experience:


I found out about a local wedding expo via Facebook and bought a ticket for myself and my sister, she is my maid of honor after all. I thought it would be a great opportunity to get acquainted with local vendors, and double as a fun girls day out. We left with just enough time to get there for the first fashion show... and neglected to research parking. We spend a good 15 minutes on Google Maps while circling a few blocks around the show! We missed the first fashion show, so we started through the maze of vendors. It was noisy, chaotic, warm, and our hands filled up quickly! Throughout the show we were juggling our phones and a large stack of flyers to reach out for samples and sign up for giveaways. We spent hours listening to sales pitches for vendors we didn't need, like dance lessons and photographers, and talking to helpful caterers and venue reps. And I cannot tell you how many times vendors assumed that my sister and I were the couple to be wed. We left drained with arm fulls of magazines, cards, and flyers. Sadly, a good 3/4 of these went into the trash. I just didn't need them. I found a few vendors that really made the whole trip worth while though! Unfortunately I didn't win any giveaways (guess it wasn't my lucky day!)
wedding expo tips


Survival Tips to Help You Maximize Your Attendance







Labels: ,