February IPSY Review and Value

 My February Ipsy bag came in the mail, and I've been putting the products to the test! See which pieces are hits and which are misses, and the value of each item I received below.

 This month's theme for the Ipsy Glam Bag was 'pretty in pink.' Here's all of the pretties that they sent to me:


Product Reviews


These winter months have left my hands begging for moisture, so naturally I tried the Cake hand cream right away. The front of the packaging lists all of the good ingredients it contains, and all of the bad ones it doesn't It's very thick and luxurious feeling and smells like vanilla! It left my hands feeling a little greasy, but not in a bad way... more like in a moisturized way. It's sold on Ulta.com for $22 (a 3.4 oz tube) so this 1oz sample is roughly worth $7.


 The tre'StiQue cream-gel blush is infused with coconut oil, so it applied really smooth and soft. The color I received is Bora Bora Coral, a true coral, and it can easily be built up. It may look very stark and bright when first applied but it blends beautifully and sheers out to a nice wash of color. The full size blush stick is $34 and includes a built in angled contour brush for blending.
I don't regularly reach for a cream blush, but overall the formula for this product is really great. I'm ready to wear a shade like this in February, but this would be a great color and formula for the Summer! The sample size looks much smaller than the full size product, and it does not include the brush... for safe measure I'll just value my sample at $7.

 The Vintage gloss is in the color 'pink sequin.' It has a brush applicator which can make for precise application, and it is very sheer so it can be worn alone or on top of a color. It is very glittery, slightly tacky, and has no noticeable scent. A full tube is $21, and is packaged beautifully versus this sample tube.
I personally prefer to wear glitter on my eyes and not my lips, so this product really isn't for me. But if you are into glitter gloss this isn't a bad product at all. My sample probably values around $7. (this $7 trend is getting weird!)




















I was most excited for this product, the It Bye Bye Under Eye concealer. I've seen a lot of YouTubers use it and rave about it. The formula is thick and this stuff is deffinitely high coverage. A little bit goes a long way too! I'm scared to admit that I've fallen in love with this stuff for those days when I'm going for perfect long-wearing make up. This in in the color 'light' and I just might have to buy it once I finish up this sample.  A full size tube costs $24, this sample is about half size so it has around $11 of product.

Lastly, let's talk about the Ciate mini nail polish... this is a color from the Olivia Palermo collection in the shade 'Sundays- my off duty nude." Ciate makes beautiful nail polish and this color is so soft and pretty. This collection is limited edition, so a full bottle is $24. my mini polish is .17oz and is worth about $9.

Glam Bag Value


My $10 subscription resulted in about $40 worth of beauty products! That's not a bad investment! Can't wait to see what I get next month.
Sign up for a personalized Ipsy subscription here!


Shop these products:

Labels: , , ,