July Ipsy Glam Bag Review + Value

summer makeup products

Can time just stop going by so quickly?! Another month has come and gone, and Summer is nearing an end as well. The weather in Washington has been so fickle- some days I think we will have an early Fall and other days are reminiscent of Arizona heat. I'm a Summer baby and I've always had a preference to this season, so I hope the warm weather sticks around a bit longer!

This month's Ipsy Glam Bag was perfect for this summer, can we talk about this adorable holographic bag?! My favorite makeup bag from Ipsy yet! (the bag is just plain silvery-rainbow prettiness!) Just like every month before, I received five awesome products inside too... Here's a peek at what products my beauty questionnaire set me up with.

What's Inside...

July Ipsy Glam Bag

I've used Too Faced products in the past, but I had never tried the Hangover Replenishing Face Primer before. I have however seen several beauty vloggers rave about it, so I was eager to give this primer a go! I first used this on a morning when I had been up a little too late and had to get out to work (we've all been here!) because my skin was looking dull and feeling dry and this product is rumored to hydrate and make you look well rested. I don't know if I would consider this a miracle product by any means, but my skin felt smooth and hydrated and my makeup withstood a long day at work and then some. I find myself reaching for this every morning now! This mini tube has about $3.80 worth of product, the full size can be found here for $32, ut it comes with a pump which I totally appreciate!

July Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I received a Delectable by Cake Beauty product in last month's glam Bag as well, so I'm no stranger to this brand either. This time it was a lemon scented hand cream and it seriously smells delectable! This hand cream uses a combo of aloe, coconut oil, and shea for a rich and nourishing formula that soaks into the skin without leaving a greasy residue. I've been using this to revitalize my hands during the dry Summer heat. Ipsy provided a full size tube of this product which regularly retails for $5.50.

July Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I'd like you to meet Matt... If you don't already know this about theBalm Cosmetics, they name their matte shades different Matt names. (witty right?) This guy here is Matt Kumar, a matt(e) trimony shadow in a cranberry shade. I love cranberry eyeshadows. This 'free sample' size has adorable packaging with magnetic closure that makes it feel like it's worth something. As for the formula, it's hard to find super pigmented red shadows, but I feel like this had decent color payoff and builded easily. Matt Kumar can be found in a gorgeous 9 shade palette for $42.

July Ipsy Glam Bag

One of my favorite items to receive in my Glam bags are brushes- just because I always get use out of them! This particular brush is a Vasanti Cosmetics Contour Eyeshadow brush made of nylon bristles. The long dome shaped bristles are ideal for applying a crease color, and it does a good job at blending shadows evenly. This brush feels quality and retails for $21!

July Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Last, but not least, let's talk about this ML Cosmetics felt tip liner. I was sent a beautiful green shade named Emerald Isle...

Ipsy Glam Bag Review

I've worn navy liner, but never emerald... that all changed after I gave this felt tip liner a whirl! This formula doesn't bleed, stays put all day, and this color is a fresh change. Plus, it really makes your eyes pop! The packaging differs from the retail product, but the product weight is the same, making this a $13 full sized eye liner. This liner comes in black, brown, and blue as well and I'm thinking about getting another!

What's it Worth?

My monthly Glam Bag subscription costs just $10 a month, let's tally up the value of this month's bag and see what it's all worth... roughly $43! Another bag that is well worth the investment! Also, I have access to exclusive discount codes to use on each brand's website (score!)


Want to save money and try new products every month? Sign up for your monthly Ipsy Glam Bag here and fill out your beauty questionnaire! The first 3 people to leave me their name (first and last) and email will get one FREE Glam Bag when they sign up!

Labels: , ,