Current Drugstore Makeup Favorites

My makeup routine changes a lot, but my love for drugstore makeup is forever! I was packing for a weekend away when I realized that I have a full face of drugstore makeup favorites! These winners have become my go-to, tried and true, easy and affordable, everyday makeup routine. If you are looking for something new to try or if you are looking to create a makeup 'starter pack' then this post is for you!

full face of drugstore makeup favorites

Face


favorite drugstore foundation, powder, contour, blush, and concealor

I'm guilty of not using a foundation primer regularly... I just don't think you always need one, especially with a long-wear foundation like this Maybelline Super Stay Foundation. This formula is full coverage and is said to last a full 24 hours. I don't know about you, but I'm not planning on wearing foundation that long... though I can easily say that it lasts at least 15. I wear shade Porcelain (110), and pump this onto my fave Real Techniques Blending Sponge. The finish is very natural and it is comfortable to wear. I set my foundation using the 'highlight' shade in my Wet N Wild Contouring Palette and I do not see any creasing, movement, or oxidization throughout the day.
I reviewed the Wet N Wild Countouring Palette after it's initial release (you can read that here) and they have since reformulated. I still love this product and find that Dulce De Leche is the best shade duo for my skin tone. The highlight shade is perfect for setting my foundation and concealer under my eyes, and the contour shade is very smooth and blendable.
As for the concealer under my eyes, I like to pair the Maybelline Master Camo color correcter in shade Pink to hide these dark circles, and the Maybelline Age Rewind in Fair to brighten that area. 
My everyday shade of blush is Luminoso by Milani. This shade is buildable and has a light shimmer to it that looks very pretty swept across the cheeks.
Highlight has been a big deal for a while, but I don't wear it everyday. When I do I reach for Wet N Wild Precious Petals because it has a light natural glow. If you are looking to glow brighter this applies beautifully with a damped blender or brush, this technique makes the product look more metallic.

         

        
        

Eyes


favorite brow pencil, mascara, eye liner, and eye shadow

Shadows from Colourpop are so so good! the texture is so creamy and they apply really smooth. All of their shadows apply really well with just your fingers, so they are awesome for beginners or those who don't have a variety of makeup brushes. I work a warmed toned orangey-brown into my crease with a natural haired blending brush for my everyday eye. I follow this with my favorite felt tip eyeliner, the Skinny Tip Eye Liner from Wet N Wild to create a thin cat eye. The tip on this liner is so fine that I never find myself making a mistake when drawing a wing. (And that saves me a lot of time in the mornings!)
Brow pencils are the best way to go when you are looking for a drugstore brow product. I'm really satisfied with the micro fine retractable tip that the Maybelline Brow Precise offers. In this I always use the darkest brown shade.

current drugstore makeup favorites

I tried the Loreal Voluminous Primer about 2 years ago and I haven't gone a day without it since. I'm not sure I could even tell you how many tubes of this I have gone through! Over top I apply a few coats of Maybelline Total Temptation mascara in blackest black. Always buy blackest black mascara! For my bottom lashes I love the tiny brush head of the Wet N Wild Skinny Mascara. I recommend Waterproof mascara for your bottom lashes.

         

        

Lips


colourpop liquid lipsticks and balm stain

ColourPop Liquid Lipsticks are one of the best inexpensive lip colors ever! I have these in several shades and recommend them to everyone. One of my top color picks is Trap, it's a nice neutral that looks good with every outfit and makes even my 'no-makeup days' seem pulled together.
On days that I want to wear a lighter formula lip color I turn to a balm stain. These are highly pigmented, hydrating, and very long-wearing. My favorite were from Wet N Wild, they just got discontinued though! Now I'll be reaching for the Revlon balm stains which are equally as great.

Let me know if you have tried this products, and how you love them! If you have some drugstore favorites, share them in the comments with us!

Labels: , ,