BooHoo Try On Review

We all want to find a bargain when we are shopping for seasonal clothes (or any clothes really!) This frugal fashionista ordered some Summer clothes from the foreign fashion website boohoo.com to give you the inside scoop on the brand's quality, fit, and value. The prices were just too good to pass up on some really on-trend clothes so I had to give them a try- but not all of them arrived as expected...

Blue Bell Sleeve Top


light blue crisscross bell sleeve top from Boohoo
I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post

I was really excited to find this style top for less than $20 (you can grab this top here for $16!) I've seen similar necklines and sleeves all Spring from stores like Nordstrom for more than twice the price. Here are a few of my first impressions:
The fabric is like a ribbed cotton, kind of thin, and pretty stretchy
The sizing appeared to run a bit large
The overall proportions seem appropriate for most body types

Boohoo clothing review

I ordered the smallest size available in this top (size 4) and I typically wear an XS for reference. This top definitely looks better on the model below, but I'm still pretty pleased overall with this top for the price. If you are a size small this would fit you a lot better than it did me!
         

Gingham Bell Sleeve Cutout Top


gingham cutout bell sleeve top

Gingham is such a Summer staple, so I was excited to find this cute top here for $12. Immediately I noticed how sheer the fabric is, and how cheap it feels too.

gingham bell sleeve top

As you can see you need to wear a nude colored bra under this top, or layer a cami under it. Again I ordered a size 4, the smallest, and it runs like a small. This top is super cute and trendy, but not prefect for me.
         

Floral Gingham Skirt


gingham and floral skirt

Two trends in one? Don't mind if I do! I loved this skirt right away when I saw it on the website here for $12. This silhouette is easy to wear and easy to style. First impressions when I opened my package really let me down though... The material is thin and semi sheer, it ran a little large, and the print wasn't as pleasing in person.

floral gingham skirt

I think this skirt looks better on the model below, but it is just as comfortable and easy to wear as I had expected it to be.
         

Grey Tie Front 2 Piece Set


grey lounge wear set

The top in this set gave me visions of a popular tie front pullover on the Nordstrom site, so I quickly added this set here to my cart for $24.
Again, semi sheer thin fabric... and I think the sizing is a bit off. The proportions of the top don't seem to match my body well.

Grey 2 piece sweats outfit

I ordered the smallest size in this as well, and for the sake of the top I wish I would have sized up! The pants would have been too large if I had though.
         

Pineapple PJ set


pineapple pajamas

I love everything tropical and anything to do with crowns, so I picked ups this PJ set here for $20 because I thought it was too cute! Once I received these I thought that the fabric was light and comfortable, but that the top was short and the bottoms looked large. Technically this is from their "tall" sizing and I'm only 5'5"... this tee would not look like it does on the model for anyone who is actually tall!

         


Pink Gingham Ruffle Skirt


pink ruffle gingham skirt

How cute is this skirt! This one is here for $16 and the color and cut is so pretty! Here are some details on it:
Thicker, scuba knit style, stretchy fabric
Raw hemline
The skirt was not cut evenly in the hips
Elastic waistband

pink and white gingham ruffle skirt

Despite the flaws/defects in this skirt design, I think it still looks adorable on.
         


Tropical Bomber


tropical lightweight bomber jacket

This is my favorite item that I ordered! Grab this tropical bomber here for just $16! I think the price is great on this number, it didn't let me down at all. The fabric is thin but not sheer, the cut and sizing is great, and the zipper functions well.

lightweight tropical bomber jacket

There is a cute faux zipper pocket detail on the arm that adds a little extra something. I ordered the smallest size on this as well and it fits perfectly!
         

Overall Impression of Boohoo

I think you get what you pay for with this fashion site. The prices are fairly inexpensive for trendy items that typically have a 'shelf life' which I love- because it's not worth spending a lot of money on seasonal/trendy clothes. That said, I wouldn't expect to get more than a few wears out of a lot of the clothes.

Being that the company is UK based, shipping does take a little longer than what you would experience when ordering within the US. My package was in the shipping process for about a week.

tropical summer bomber

I hope you enjoyed this review! If you would like to see more like this, or if you have recommendations for reviews leave me a comment!

Xo
Rachael

Labels: ,